Project: 5G wireless broadband build for Imagine
Location: Killucan, Lisnabin, County Westmeath
Spectrum Telecoms Installations Limited has completed a 5G wireless broadband installation at the Killucan, Lisnabin site.
The works were completed for long term client Imagine Broadband, as part of their 5G network rollout. The build works included civils, electrical, and rigging and transmission.
The project covered the construction, civils and electrical works. This included project management, supervision, labour, materials, plant supply and delivery to site. The specific scope of works included:
- Trenching, groundwork, and vegetation clearance
- Supply and installation of ESB meter cabinet
- Supply and installation of 88m of underground ESB ducting
- Reinstatement of road surfacing
- Install a new concrete plinth for gantry system
- Supply and install new 6m gantry system
- Supply and install support steelwork on the existing tower
- Install 3No Antennas and 3No RRU’s on new support steelwork on existing tower
- Run fibre and DC cables to Imagine cabinet
- Commission imagine cabinet and integrate to Imagine network
- Install 1.2m link dish facing 3IRL Rathcore
- Install 1.2m link dish at far end site
- Commission link hardware
- Pan link
- Complete acceptance checks for transmission stability
- Pull cable from ESB meter cabinet to Imagine cabinet.
- Perform electrical tests on installation to complete RECI certification
- Submit duct certs and earth certs to both client and ESB
- Submit RECi cert to ESB to facilitate ESB connection
- Engage ESB to energise ESB meter and energise the site
Challenges and solutions
Planning and coordination
To ensure smooth delivery of this site to the client, Spectrum used all their resources and experiences to complete the site in a timely and safe manner. Through twice weekly schedule meetings, we ensured that the correct resources were available on site throughout the build.
As there was no possibility of temporary power supply from any other operator on site, Spectrum worked tirelessly to ensure ESB conditions were met, so that a new ESB meter could be installed to bring the site live and integrated into the Imagine network. ESB were able to energise the site within two weeks of completion of civils works and Imagine were able to deliver 5G broadband to its customers without delay.
Spectrum deliver complex and resource consuming sites on time and within budget. Having our own in-house design department means we can provide expert solutions to the daily challenges our build crews face in their work.