LOCATION: Office Ladytown, Naas, Co. Kildare, Site Locations
REPORTS TO: Build Manager/Project Manager
POSITION: Full Time, Part Time or Contract
As an Electrician in Spectrum, your role is to support the delivery of electrical works on projects across all aspects of the business from an electrical point of view.
Projects must be delivered to specification in accordance with agreed company standards.
You will be expected to work on your own initiative and have a willingness to travel as this is a requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake Electrical activity both project and reactive for the company, ensuring delivery of a quality product or service.
- Conduct survey and site visits as required for new and existing scopes of work.
- Prepare Electrical Operational test documents for start process.
- Checks cable laying and cable identification.
- Completes all relevant loop checks.
- Updates as built drawings through documentation process.
- Performs punch-listing operations.
- Oversees visual inspections, checks rating and material for connection.
- Check conformity with the Quality Control Plan, obtain the relevant documentation, check procedures and equipment to be used in tests, controls, and inspections, manage documents certifying tests, controls, and inspections.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the approved Inspection Test Plan.
- Oversees power transformers, switchboard, accumulator battery, sockets outlet, lighting system.
- Ability to work to tight timelines.
- Pro-active attitude generates ideas and inputs to deliverables to support the effectiveness and efficiency of the project.
- Experience in power up and pre-testing of electrical switchgear and distribution centres.
- A strong culture on health and safety, compliance, reporting, and documentation are an essential quality.
- Performing Planned Preventative Maintenance on electrical equipment
- Emergency testing and repairs
- Data & Telecoms equipment maintenance and repairs
- Fixed electrical testing
- PAT testing
- Small to medium size electrical project installs
- Perform your duties to meet Spectrums Quality, Safety and Environmental requirements at all times.
Education Work Requirements:
- Apprenticeship Qualified Electrician or an electrical engineering degree.
- Full Driving License
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Experience in Telecoms, Network Infrastructures would be an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of repair and fault finding.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Safe pass and manual handling.
Our success and longevity can be traced to careful selection and mentoring of qualified candidates into a multiskilled and cohesive team.
To ensure a successful outcome for both the company and the employee we use a competency-based recruitment process which enables us to select appropriate candidates for specific appointments.
Spectrum is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone who has the appropriate skills, qualifications and experience for a role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.