LOCATION: Office Ladytown Kildare, Site Locations
REPORTS TO: Build Manager /Project Manager
POSITION: Full time
As a Telecommunications Microwave Commissioner in Spectrum, you are responsible with the inspection, testing and maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
This role includes assessing installation requirements, planning and performing installations, testing installed equipment and fault-finding.
The role involves working within teams, knowing routines and procedures and accountability for the quality of outcomes.
You will be expected to work on your own initiative and at times includes the supervision of teams involving known routines and procedures and accountability for the quality of outcomes.
You will play a pivotal part in meeting our customers’ requirements in a professional and timely manner and always being a good brand ambassador.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, and performing inspections, testing installed equipment and fault-finding, as per the project scope within the agreed timeframe.
- Ensuring that all OHS requirements and work practices are adhered.
- Confirm that all the required safety documentation is available prior work starting onsite.
- Make sure that all plant and equipment is checked prior to work commencing.
- Confirm that all relevant safety signage, barriers, and other protective equipment is onsite prior to works commencing.
- Participate in safety and health training offered by their employer.
- Accomplishing all tasks designated by the Build Manager diligently, on schedule, and to the highest standard.
- Assisting in the compilation of daily job reports
- Identifying obstacles and creating strategies to overcome them within time and budget.
- Gathering information for the installation of systems and equipment prior to work commencing onsite
- Ensuring that adequate materials and specialized equipment are available and organized prior to work commencing.
- Labelling, documenting, and packaging equipment recovered from customer premises.
- Interpreting design and relating to site characteristics
- Working with team members to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly targets.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism while representing the company.
- Expanding your skills by attending workshops and training sessions.
- Effectively managing your time by prioritizing urgent tasks.
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Providing suitable training and guidance to less senior team members
- Documenting and communicating work-related information, including reporting of faults and problems.
- Ensure that all work is error free and accurate to prevent any incidences of non-conformance.
- Provide all necessary project acceptance documentation within 24 hours of project completion.
Education Work Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Telecommunications Commissioner
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, reliable, and punctual
- Physically fit and able to work on your feet for long periods.
- Ability to work irregular hours (day and night shifts)
- Enjoy working with people
- Ability to always remain professional
- Full Driving License
- C1 Driving License be an advantage
The following Training would be advantage:
- Safe Pass
- Climbing and Rescue
- RF Training
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
Our success and longevity can be traced to careful selection and mentoring of qualified candidates into a multiskilled and cohesive team.
To ensure a successful outcome for both the company and the employee we use a competency-based recruitment process which enables us to select appropriate candidates for specific appointments.
Spectrum is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone who has the appropriate skills, qualifications and experience for a role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.