Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd Privacy Statement
Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd act responsibly. Privacy and data protection rights are very important to us. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd is a data controller and all personal data will be maintained in accordance with the obligations of the Data Protection Acts of 1988 and 2003 and GDPR Guidelines.
Data Protection is the safeguarding of the privacy rights of individuals in relation to the processing of personal data, in both paper and electronic format. The Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and GDPR Guidelines lay down strict rules about the way in which personal data and sensitive personal data are collected, accessed, used and disclosed. The Data Protection Acts and GDPR Guidelines also permit individuals to access their personal data on request, allow individuals the right to have their personal data amended if found to be incorrect or erased.
Except in relation to certain specific features of our website, you do not have to provide us with any personal information (or personal data) to use our website. When you elect to give us your personal data through our website, it will be protected in accordance with the Data Protection Acts of 1988 and 2003and GDPR Guidelines, once received by us.
By simply visiting our website you do not disclose, nor do we collect, personal data on you. We collect data for sales enquiries to offer related products to our visitors. Our website and products are not aimed at persons under 13 years of age and we do not collect or distribute information about persons under 13 years old. We act in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection). All that we may know about your visit may be limited to technical data such as:
- The logical address (or IP address) of the server you used.
- The top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com etc).
- The previous website address from which you reached us.
- The type of web-browser you used eg Google Chrome, Firefox etc.
- Web traffic data.
Our internet service provider may use this technical data for administrative and statistical purposes. This data does not provide us with the personal data of visitors to our website.
This document outlines Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd policy to help ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Acts and GDPR Guidelines.
Inquiries about this Data Protection Policy should be made in writing to: Data Protection Co-Ordinator, Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd, 6 Woodfield, Cappagh Road, Barna, Galway H91 W326
Purpose of this policy
This policy is a statement of Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd commitment to protect the rights and privacy of individuals in accordance with these Data Protection Acts and GDPR Guidelines.
We collect and use information to provide the following services:
- To perform accounting and other record-keeping functions.
- To provide personnel, payroll, pension and insurance administration services.
- To comply with contractual agreements and legitimate interests of our business.
Data Protection Principles
We perform our responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts and GDPR Guidelines in accordance with the following eight Data Protection principles:
- Obtain and process information fairly
We obtain and process personal data fairly and in accordance with statutory and other legal obligations. We retain that information only for one or more contractual and lawful purposes.
We retain personal data for purposes that are specific, lawful and clearly stated. Personal data will only be processed compatible with these purposes.
We will use and disclose personal data only in circumstances that are necessary and we are legally obliged for the purposes of the collected data.
- Keep it safe and secure
We will take appropriate security measures to combat unauthorised access to alter, disclose or destroy personal data and against accidental loss or destruction.
- Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date
Procedures adopted by us ensure data is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Ensure it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
We only hold personal data to the extent that it is necessary, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain for no longer than is necessary
Personal information is only retained by us for the period necessary to meet contractual and legal obligations.
- On request, give a copy of his/her personal data to that individual
Procedures adopted by us ensure that data subjects can exercise their rights under the Data Protection legislation to access their data.
Overall responsibility for ensuring compliance with Data Protection Acts and GDPR guidelines rests with Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd. All employees and contractors of Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd who collect, control or process the content and use of personal data are individually responsible for compliance with the Data Protection Acts and GDPR guidelines. The Data Protection Co-Ordinator of Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd provides support, assistance, advice, and training within Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd to ensure that the company are compliant with the legislation.
Procedures and Guidelines
Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd is committed to ensuring personal privacy and compliance with the Data Protection Acts and GDPR Guidelines, including the provision of best practice guidelines and procedures in relation to all aspects of Data Protection and GDPR Guidelines.
By using this Website you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Unless otherwise specified the contents of all the pages contained in this site are copyright of Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd..
- By visiting our website you do not disclose, and we do not collect, personal data on you.
- You agree to indemnity Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd for any liability to Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd from your use of this site.
- This site is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of Ireland and will be governed by the laws of Ireland.
- We do not sell, trade or transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information (PII). This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or providing you with our service provided those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Third parties may use non–personally identifiable information for marketing, advertising or other uses.
- No third party is permitted to link any other website to this site without obtaining and receiving our prior written consent. Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd do not accept liability for any information posted on this site by third parties.
- Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be delivered incorrectly or collected by undetectable third parties. You should not provide confidential or personal information over the internet unless you take care to ensure that it is secure or encrypted.
- Access to and use of this site is at the user’s own risk. We do not accept any responsibility for any material downloaded from it that will cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection.
- We do not accept responsibility or liability for keeping the information in this site up to date.
Your rights as a data subject:
At any point whilst Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Right to be forgotten – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records in certain circumstances.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have a right to restrict the processing where certain conditions apply.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have data transferred to another organisation that we hold about you.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to the processing of information we have about you such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of profiling or automated processing.
Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd may refuse your request under rights of access and in this event, will provide you with a reason. You have the right to legally challenge this refusal.
Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the Data Protection Co-Ordinator, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be retained and stored.
- Details of your rights to the processing of the data ie how to correct, erase, restrict or object processing of the data.
- Information about your right, at any time, to withdraw consent.
- How to make a complaint to the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Details of whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd will require the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill within the previous three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the address further below.
Should you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd or its partners, you have the right to complain to Data Protection Co-Ordinator, Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd. Should you not receive a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Data Protection Co-Ordinator
Spectrum Telecom Installations Ltd, 6 Woodfield, Cappagh Road, Barna, Galway H91 W326
Data Protection Regulator
Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23 Co. Laois
This Data Protection Statement will be reviewed regularly.